by Emerson Sandow
The University of Mississippi ISHS offers great distance education solutions to homeschoolers and others who seek an online high school graduation status and a diploma. Not only does the Ole Miss ISHS offer the complete high school curriculum, it has recently been fully accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools and Council on Accreditation and School Improvement. This means that OMISHS virtual high school is recognized as a legitimate (and convenient) way to complete one’s high school work.
Residents of Mississippi are not the only students who can benefit from the Ole Miss virtual high school. Anyone in the region or the nation can take advantage of this excellent academic alternative as a compliment to your local requirements for graduation and a diploma. Depending on your school district, Old Miss can help you finish high school faster and with less stress than taking a comparable load in a bricks-and-mortar school.
Students utilize distance learning high school for a variety of reasons, including they:
• are unable to attend a local school because they live in isolated areas
• are in countries outside the United States and are without access to an accredited high school diploma program from a school in the U.S.
• have dropped out of school but want to continue their education and earn a high school diploma
• have difficulty coping with time and place restrictions of a classroom and want to proceed at their own pace
• cannot attend a local school because they are homebound
• want to accelerate their high school progress
• need basic instruction to improve their skills
• want a quality education in a home-school setting
Your child may have a reason that is not in this list, but it does not matter. If distance, online high school is what s/he needs, then the Ole Miss program can be the solution. Visit the website, http://www.outreach.olemiss.edu/hsathome/ for complete information.